From: e_erpelding@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: Ada compiler in BASIC?
Date: 2000/04/17
Date: 2000-04-17T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

The article I was thinking of appeared in Dr Dobbs Journal,

The "Tiny" Pascal article you mention is this:

Chung Kin-Man and Yuen H (1978): A "Tiny" Pascal Compiler,
Byte Magazine, Volume 3, Numbers 9, 10, 11, September,
October, November 1978.

This looks like a very good article. Those older issue of
Byte magazine are a treasure trove of information.

--EE

In article <8dd7bj$i53$1@nntp9.atl.mindspring.net>,
  "Charles E. Bortle, Jr." <cbrtjr@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> (The original poster has posted to several ng's)
>
> The original poster may be thinking of a Pascal
> to P-Code compiler/interpreter that was written up
> in BYTE.  I cannot remember exactly when, though.
> It was a multi-part article, and I have one of the issues
> (buried in tons of stuff in the garage :-(
>
> As I recall, there was both the compiler and the
> P-Code interpreter in BASIC code .  But this was
> definatly a Pascal compiler...I don' know if they ever
> did an Ada compiler, but if they did Pascal, I imagine
> they could have done at least a sub-set Ada?
>
> --
> Charles          cbrtjr@ix.netcom.com
> "For God So Loved The World, That He Gave His
> Only Begotten Son, That Whosoever Believeth
> In Him Should Not Perish, But Have Everlasting
> Life"John3:16  * http://pw2.netcom.com/~cbrtjr/wrdthing.html *
> <tmoran@bix.com> wrote in message
> > > I am trying to find the Byte magazine article about an Ada
compiler
> > > written in BASIC.
> >   A search of the on-line title indexes for Byte for 1988-94
> > (byte.index/digest.nn on BIX, nee Byte Information eXchange) doesn't
> > find any hits on Ada.  The first message in BIX's ada/general forum
> > apparently is dated 1986, but the content has been scrolled off-
line.
> > I posted a query there.
> >   You might inquire at RR Software since, I believe, they had the
> > first or second Ada for PCs and advertised in Byte, so they would
> > have noticed such an article.
> >   I don't recall any such article and would be quite surprised if
> > it existed.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.