* Ada on Windows CE?
@ 2000-04-09  0:00 haolin2
From: haolin2 @ 2000-04-09  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Is there an Ada compiler that can run Ada on Windows CE? Since Ada is
supposed to be suitable for real-time embedded systems, it only makes
sense that Ada should run on Windows CE. But up to now I have not been
able to find an Ada compiler to do that. Thanks!!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

* Ada on Windows CE?
@ 2000-04-09  0:00 haolin2
From: haolin2 @ 2000-04-09  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Can I run Ada programs on Windows CE? GNAT
compiler seems to only support Windows NT, Since
Ada is supposedly good for embedded real-time
applications, it seems natural that there should
be a Ada compiler for Windows CE. I appreciate
any help!
Sam

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

* Re: Ada on Windows CE?
@ 2000-04-10  0:00 ` tmoran
From: tmoran @ 2000-04-10  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

>Can I run Ada programs on Windows CE? GNAT
>compiler seems to only support Windows NT, Since

  Are you looking for a compiler targetting the Hitachi chip?
Some other chip?  Intel Pentium?  In the latter case, what's
wrong with using Gnat or any other Pentium-targetted compiler?
Windows CE is supposed to be at least somewhat compatible with
NT, 9X, etc, so are you trying to write a new Ada program for CE
or are you porting one written for NT, 9?, 2000, or Win32s?  If
CE is too different to run even the simplest NT targetted
program, try an embedded no-runtime compiler and build what you
need for a runtime system.  If you want a compiler targetting a
chip that currently is not targetted by any Ada compiler, but is
targetted by a C compiler, you might try Intermetrics (old name,
sorry) Ada compiler that generates C as intermediate code.