From: ebresie@usa.net
Subject: Re: Gnat IDE for Unix/Linux
Date: 2000/04/07
Date: 2000-04-07T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <8ckg2s$ak5$1@nnrp1.deja.com>,
  Robert Dewar <robert_dewar@my-deja.com> wrote:
> In article <38ECEF86.161D368D@easystreet.com>,
>   Al Christians <achrist@easystreet.com> wrote:
>
> > There is a unix version of this IDE that works with GNAT:
> >
> > http://www.eng.auburn.edu/department/cse/research/grasp/
>
> Indeed there are several IDE's for GNAT developed by various
> third parties, but it is in fact clear from the message that
> what was being asked for was AdaGIDE for Linux, which as
> far as I know does not exist. As I mentioned before, as
> far as we are concerned *the* IDE for GNAT is GLIDE :-)

I was talking about "Ada GUI IDE" found on the Windows..but apparently
not for Linux...

I have been finding the transition not as hard, now that I am more
familiar with Emacs...

> A version of GLIDE will be available with the Linux 3.13p
> release.

Now I have to look into GLIDE...

> Of course, the fact that we supply and support one particular
> IDE does not at all preclude the use or existance of others
> (the compiler is open to such technologies rather than being
> closed), and we definitely encourage people to look around to
> see what is available. Grasp is well worth a look!

Certinly don't want to start an IDE war... :-)

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.