From: Robert Dewar <robert_dewar@my-deja.com>
Subject: Re: Gnat IDE for Unix/Linux
Date: 2000/04/07
Date: 2000-04-07T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <38ECEF86.161D368D@easystreet.com>,
  Al Christians <achrist@easystreet.com> wrote:

> There is a unix version of this IDE that works with GNAT:
>
> http://www.eng.auburn.edu/department/cse/research/grasp/

Indeed there are several IDE's for GNAT developed by various
third parties, but it is in fact clear from the message that
what was being asked for was AdaGIDE for Linux, which as
far as I know does not exist. As I mentioned before, as
far as we are concerned *the* IDE for GNAT is GLIDE :-)

A version of GLIDE will be available with the Linux 3.13p
release.

Of course, the fact that we supply and support one particular
IDE does not at all preclude the use or existance of others
(the compiler is open to such technologies rather than being
closed), and we definitely encourage people to look around to
see what is available. Grasp is well worth a look!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.