* Re: need ada implementation
@ 2000-04-04  0:00 ` Ted Dennison
From: Ted Dennison @ 2000-04-04  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <8ccmj0$e1o$1@bunyip.cc.uq.edu.au>,
"Riyaz Mansoor" <s800032@student.uq.edu.au> wrote:

> i need a an ada implementaion of the algorithms for doing
>
> 1) breadth first search
> 2) depth first search

Can I do your calculus homework for you too while I'm at it? :-)

--
T.E.D.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

* Re: need ada implementation
@ 2000-04-04  0:00 ` Charles Hixson
From: Charles Hixson @ 2000-04-04  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'd start with Knuth's The Art of Computer Programming (V.3,
I think).  But any good book on Algorithms should give you
what you want.  It's fairly easy to translate from Pascal or
C into Ada, so you could look into Wirth's Algorithms + Data
Structures = Programs.  Then there are the Sedgwick books on
Algorithms.
None of these are specifically Ada, but I think that there's
a red-black tree at the AdaPower site that you could adapt.

Riyaz Mansoor wrote:

> hi guys
>
> i need a an ada implementaion of the algorithms for doing
>
> 1) breadth first search
> 2) depth first search
>
> can anyone give me web address or 'anything' ?
>
> thanx
>
> riyaz
>
> *******************

* need ada implementation
@ 2000-04-04  0:00 Riyaz Mansoor
From: Riyaz Mansoor @ 2000-04-04  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

hi guys

@ 2000-04-06  0:00     ` Gautier
From: Gautier @ 2000-04-06  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Riyaz Mansoor wrote:

> hi ted

> > Can I do your calculus homework for you too while I'm at it? :-)

> i like your humor.

> but more to the point, this is my own extension of a uni. project. just to
> see how ada handles things. just thought if i could get it, rather than
> write it up, it would be easier for me.

For an idea of "how to" you can take a look at a sorting algo:
  http://www.neubert.net/Flacodes/FLACodes.html
or multi-precision algos
  http://www.chez.com/bignumber/
or mathpaqs.zip @
  http://members.xoom.com/gdemont/gsoft.htm
(if working)
or other resouces @ http://www.adapower.com/

Note that _you_ will handle things, not Ada,
Pascal or Mr C.!...

HTH
_______
Gautier

* Re: need ada implementation
@ 2000-04-07  0:00   ` Riyaz Mansoor
From: Riyaz Mansoor @ 2000-04-07  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

hi ted

> Can I do your calculus homework for you too while I'm at it? :-)

i like your humor.

but more to the point, this is my own extension of a uni. project. just to
see how ada handles things. just thought if i could get it, rather than
write it up, it would be easier for me.

but thanx anyway.

riyaz