From: Maciej Sobczak <see.my.homepage@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Ada documentation tools.
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 05:06:54 -0800 (PST)
Date: 2010-11-15T05:06:54-08:00	[thread overview]

On 15 Lis, 13:29, AdaMagica <christoph.gr...@eurocopter.com> wrote:

> > Formatting. Presentation is not only about content.
>
> Hm. How can a tool improve bad formatting in the code?

Every reasonable code editor does it without any problem. Some people
actually never format their code by hand and rely on tools to do that
for them.

> Format the code
> correctly in the first place.

Can I use a tool to do it?

And, while we're at it, what does it mean "correctly"? Correctly
according to your preferences or to mine? Tools can also automate the
transition between different conventions.

But formatting is not only about whitespace. It is also about colors,
fonts, text flow, and so on. Code can be also printed or rendered in
HTML browser - not necessarily as standalone content, but also as part
of wiki pages, docs, etc.

There are plenty of ways to "consume" the source code outside of the
IDE and visualizing its content in many different ways is an important
part of delivering the source code to users. Raw spec is not enough.

--
Maciej Sobczak * http://www.inspirel.com