From: "Pascal Obry" <p.obry@wanadoo.fr>
Subject: Re: Ada Query...
Date: 2000/03/26
Date: 2000-03-26T14:39:16+00:00	[thread overview]

Matt a �crit dans le message <8bkv48$dcm$1@uranium.btinternet.com>...
>Yo.
>Having a bit of trouble with Ada95 at the moment.
>What i want to know is- can you write a function that returns no result, or
>is there another way to do it?

Yes with a procedure !

>The program is basically a huge database, and the data is entered into an
>array of records. The program loads a text file into the array, and then
>presents a list of options (menu).

How this can a "huge database" as everything is in memory :)

>One of the options is a to 'search'  the
>database and display a screen of required information. What i want is to
>simply call a function/ procedure to do this - but I don't want any result
>returned. I don't want the search option to be included into the main
>program, as it is huge. It works as a program in itself, but i want to call
>it from other programs as either a function-like operation or by directly
>calling the compiled/built ada .exe.

Not clear to me what you want to do here...

>I am using GNAT ada95 on a windows98 machine.

Good choice. Well for GNAT at least :)

>Any suggestions?

The problem you face does not looks like an Ada one to me but it is
more a design problem... Try to have a clear idea of what you want
to do...

Pascal.

--|