From: Robert Dewar <robert_dewar@my-deja.com>
Subject: Re: Ada Query...
Date: 2000/03/26
Date: 2000-03-26T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <8bkv48$dcm$1@uranium.btinternet.com>,
  "Matt" <matt.brewster@btinternet.com> wrote:
> Yo.
> Having a bit of trouble with Ada95 at the moment.
> What i want to know is- can you write a function that returns
no result

This is so fundamental, that one has to ask what source
materials you are using. You need a reasonable Ada text book
if you are going to try to program in Ada 95, trying to do
it by rough approximation and reading examples is unlikely
to work. Absolutely any text book will introduce procedures
almost immediately, so that's why I ask the question.

Incidentally the idea of a "function returning no result" is
a bit like a car without a wheel, the notion of returning
a result is what makes a function a function!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.