* msvcrt.dll  -- gnat problem
@ 2000-03-18  0:00 Richard D Riehle
From: Richard D Riehle @ 2000-03-18  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I just installed GNAT 3.12 in the usual way on a
Compaq LTE laptop for a student.  When attempting
to run it I get,

           Cannot find msvcrt.dll

OS is Windows 95.

Anyone have a clue what this means.  This is the first time
I have had trouble running GNAT after installing it.  Need
to correct this quickly, if possible.

Send your reply directly to my email address:  richard@adaworks.com
rather than annoy the entire forum with it.

Thanks,

Richard Riehle
richard@adaworks.com

* Re: msvcrt.dll  -- gnat problem
@ 2000-03-18  0:00 ` Jeff Creem
From: Jeff Creem @ 2000-03-18  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I suppose the somewhat obvious question is is there a copy
of msvcrtl.dll in the windows\system directory?
GNAT does not install this. It should be there already.

Richard D Riehle <laoXhai@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
> I just installed GNAT 3.12 in the usual way on a
> Compaq LTE laptop for a student.  When attempting
> to run it I get,
>
>            Cannot find msvcrt.dll
>
> OS is Windows 95.
>
> Anyone have a clue what this means.  This is the first time
> I have had trouble running GNAT after installing it.  Need
> to correct this quickly, if possible.
>
> Send your reply directly to my email address:  richard@adaworks.com
> rather than annoy the entire forum with it.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Richard Riehle
> richard@adaworks.com

* Re: msvcrt.dll  -- gnat problem
@ 2000-03-18  0:00   ` Richard D Riehle
From: Richard D Riehle @ 2000-03-18  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

>Richard D Riehle <laoXhai@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
>> I just installed GNAT 3.12 in the usual way on a
>> Compaq LTE laptop for a student.  When attempting
>> to run it I get,
>>
>>            Cannot find msvcrt.dll

I have fixed this myself.  Whoever installed the Win 95 somehow
removed this DLL.  I flew into a panic preparing some laptops for
a class next week and dashed off my question without taking enough
time to fix it myself.

Sorry.  Panic sometimes does strange things to our reason.

Richard Riehle