From: Robert Dewar <robert_dewar@my-deja.com>
Subject: Re: Ada and OpenVMS
Date: 2000/03/15
Date: 2000-03-15T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <scuvelop9n121@corp.supernews.com>,
  "Vladimir Olensky" <vladimir_olensky@yahoo.com> wrote:

> It is interesting to know the current status of
> GNAT  for OpenVMS (and other Ada systems).

GNAT for OpenVMS is fully supported. The current version of
GNAT professional for this platform is 3.12a1, and there is
a public release 3.13.

>  At ACT and Compaq pages  there are  references to
> GNAT 3.11 though we have now 3.12p as public GNAT
> version and 3.13 as commercially supported product.

Version 3.13 was only released yesterday (for any target),
so the above statement is just wrong.

I can't find any reference
to 3.11 on our web site, if there is such a reference
it is obsolete. The Compaq pages often do not get
updated immediately, but we will check into this.

>  Is the work with GNAT for OpenVMS  suspended?

No

> Is there are some other reasons why that work is lagging
> behind ?

It is not. This is an invention. The VMS version is fully
supported and at the same level as all other versions.

> What is a future of GNAT for OpenVMS and Galaxy ???

For future plans, contact sales@gnat.com

Robert Dewar
Ada Core Technologies

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/