From: Ashley King <ashleyking@my-deja.com>
Subject: Re: Calling C from Ada - link problem
Date: 2000/03/10
Date: 2000-03-10T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <952640221.722.0.nnrp-03.d4e5bde1@news.demon.co.uk>,
  "Mike Dimmick" <mike@dimmick.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> Dammit, why do people seem to refuse to read MSDN?  You get a copy
with
> Visual C++, look in it for the error message.
I based my C code on an example in the MSDN library online help. In any
case, it was the Ada compi9ler which gave the error, how was I supposed
to know that the error messages are meant to be the same?

> Your disk may be too full to complete the link. Free up some space and
> try the link again.
Loads of space and memory.

> The error may be a result of trying to link over a network. Some
> networks do not fully support the memory-mapped files used by the
> linker. Try linking on your local disk to see if that fixes the
problem.
Two local disks. Does that count? Hold on, I'll try recreating
everything on my c drive... Nope, sorry.

> There may be a bad block on your disk. Although the operating system
and
> disk hardware should have detected such an error, you may want to run
> disk checking program.
Given that I have tried several different projects on two different
drives, then it is unlikely that this is the case. Of course, the bad
block may be in an ObjectAda executable, but I have been successfully
building other programs which include, for example, an import of a C
system call procedure. But I did run scandisk, and no bad blocks wwere
found.

> -----
>
> Make sure you're not doing any of the above, then try again.  If it
> still fails, let us know.
But thanks for the suggestions.

Regards,
Ashley