From: Ted Dennison <dennison@telepath.com>
Subject: Re: Alsys Ada question
Date: 2000/03/07
Date: 2000-03-07T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <38C53DCC.C89AE4BF@silver.jhuapl.edu>,
  Scott Ingram <scott@silver.jhuapl.edu> wrote:
> I've inherited a system that was built using
> "DOS Alsys Ada 4.2 for 80X86 and cross."
>
> In the sources, there is a "with" clause for a
> package "Unsigned," which I do not recall being
> a standard Ada83 package...so I am presuming that
> this package was supplied by Alsys with the compiler.
> Can anyone confirm or deny that supposition?

You are correct that there is no "Unsigned" package in standard Ada83.
You can check what's in the Ada standard yourself in one of the
various places that it is available online. You should be able
to check what comes with your compiler yourself by looking
through its directories, or flipping through appendix F in its
documentation.

My guess would be that its a package supplying a true 32-bit unsigned
integer type, which the Ada83 standard made it impossible to do
yourself within the language on a 32-bit machine.

However, its also possible that its a package declared inside of another
package that your code has a "use" clause for.

Aonix. http://www.aonix.com

--
T.E.D.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/