From: tmoran@acm.org
Subject: Re: some simple questions
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2003 06:29:24 GMT
Date: 2003-02-22T06:29:24+00:00	[thread overview]

>given
>    type pint is access integer;
>    pi: pint:=new integer;
  It *should* be the case that anything of type "pint" is deallocated
when you leave the scope of "type pint is access integer;", since
clearly none of it could ever again be referenced.  There are also
Storage Pools if you want to be sure.  In this case, of course, "pi"
has the same lifetime as "pint" so why not just say
  pi : integer := 1234;

> (I'm pretty sure Ada doesn't have Garabge Collector)
I only know of one Ada implementation with a garbage collector; most
don't.  It's up to the compiler vendor.