* Greg Ah*ronian sighting
@ 1999-10-27  0:00 Victor Giddings
From: Victor Giddings @ 1999-10-27  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

http://www.legaltimes.com/cgi-shl/shownews.pl?id=1926 Evidently Greg IS
making a living off his new "target".

* Re: Greg Ah*ronian sighting
@ 1999-10-28  0:00 ` Robert Dewar
From: Robert Dewar @ 1999-10-28  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <8E6C9BA0Avictorgiddingsoiscom@sigma>,
  giddingsv@acm.org (Victor Giddings) wrote:
> http://www.legaltimes.com/cgi-shl/shownews.pl?id=1926
Evidently Greg IS
> making a living off his new "target".

Entertaining reading, especially:

Aharonian concedes as much. �"I don't spell check, grammar
check, or fact check,� he says easily."

A style that he perfected at comp.lang.ada before his departure,
an event (the departure) fondly remembered by those of us who
have been around for a long time :-) :-)

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

* Re: Greg Ah*ronian sighting
@ 1999-10-28  0:00   ` Ted Dennison
From: Ted Dennison @ 1999-10-28  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <7v8doa$bf$1@nnrp1.deja.com>,
  Robert Dewar <robert_dewar@my-deja.com> wrote:
> In article <8E6C9BA0Avictorgiddingsoiscom@sigma>,
>   giddingsv@acm.org (Victor Giddings) wrote:
> > http://www.legaltimes.com/cgi-shl/shownews.pl?id=1926
> Evidently Greg IS
> > making a living off his new "target".
>
> Entertaining reading, especially:
>
> Aharonian concedes as much. �"I don't spell check, grammar
> check, or fact check,� he says easily."
>
> A style that he perfected at comp.lang.ada before his departure,
> an event (the departure) fondly remembered by those of us who
> have been around for a long time :-) :-)

Yeah, the difference is that he seems to have at least found a topic to
vent on that someone actually *cares* about. I remember that he used to
post 10 page screeds here that were almost without exception met with a
resounding "so what?"

I happened to be on a 1 year c.l.a hiatus when he left. What actually
did it? Was it the dropping of the mandate? That should certainly have
taken the wind out of his sails. (And quite a lot of wind it was too..)

--
T.E.D.

@ 1999-11-01  0:00 Victor Giddings
From: Victor Giddings @ 1999-11-01  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 1999-11-09  0:00 ` David Emery
From: David Emery @ 1999-11-09  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

The "problem" with Greg is that he's often right-on-the-mark, which
is why it's so frustrating when he misses.

On the other hand, you're not a "somebody" in the Ada community until
you've been personally flamed by Greg and Ted Holden (remember him?)

            dave

* Re: Greg Ah*ronian sighting
@ 1999-11-13  0:00   ` Robert B. Love
From: Robert B. Love  @ 1999-11-13  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In <091119990812391635%emery@mitre.org> David Emery wrote:
> The "problem" with Greg is that he's often right-on-the-mark, which
> is why it's so frustrating when he misses.
>
> On the other hand, you're not a "somebody" in the Ada community until
> you've been personally flamed by Greg and Ted Holden (remember him?)

I got into an argument with the Wrong Rev.  Does that count?

 Bob Love
 rlove@neosoft.com

* Re: Greg Ah*ronian sighting
@ 1999-11-15  0:00     ` Ted Dennison
From: Ted Dennison @ 1999-11-15  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article
<6EFC08874658F145.6B17E851FD5178DC.0AABC0C9DD2D3374@lp.airnews.net>,
  rlove@antispam.neosoft.com (Robert B. Love ) wrote:
> I got into an argument with the Wrong Rev.  Does that count?

No. He got into arguments with a sizable percentage of usenet.

--
T.E.D.