* sending email through ada95
@ 2003-03-03 23:38 cookie
From: cookie @ 2003-03-03 23:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

hello there,
for this question, i've searched through books, sites and didnt find
anything close to what im looking.. maybe you guys can shed some light
on the matter.
basically what im doing is to have sender and reciever email addresses
as a record type parameter, all i need now is to know how ada95 can
send out an automated email from sender to reciever - with subject,
description and so on included.

i know it will involve smtp, but have no idea where to start this in
ada95.. any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.. thnx in advance!

* Re: sending email through ada95
@ 2003-03-03 23:42 ` Vinzent Hoefler
From: Vinzent Hoefler @ 2003-03-03 23:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

ggroups@guff.org (cookie) wrote:

>i know it will involve smtp, but have no idea where to start this in
>ada95.. any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.. thnx in advance!

See Message <8lH2a.93830$be.72060@rwcrnsc53>.

You can find a package that at least should give you some ideas at
http://www.adapower.com/os/notify.html.

Vinzent.

* Re: sending email through ada95
@ 2003-03-04  0:15 ` sk
From: sk @ 2003-03-04  0:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: comp.lang.ada mail to news gateway

Hi,
 > ... all i need now is to know how ada95 can send
 > out an automated email from sender to reciever

This is a programming-technique/library-binding issue
rather than an Ada language (limitation) issue. An issue
which is similar to the c.l.a issue concerning "Display
Control" ongoing over the last week or so.

Do you know how to do this with "C" or Pascal for example ?

If yes, then you need to see if anybody has Ada bindings to
the underlying mail transport for your system. If you cannot
find any suitable bindings. then you will probably have to
start at the socket level and then implement functionality
for the mail RFCs.

If you are lucky, somebody reading c.l.a will have (or knows
where to find) some bindings which deal with mail transport.

-- Merge vertically for real address
--
--     s n p @ t . o
--      k i e k c c m

* Re: sending email through ada95
@ 2003-03-04  2:56 ` Steve
From: Steve @ 2003-03-04  2:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

Pascal Obry has a package that does the job at:

  http://perso.wanadoo.fr/pascal.obry/contrib.html

Steve
(The Duck)

@ 2003-03-13 11:55   ` cookie
From: cookie @ 2003-03-13 11:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks all for your help.. though I've run into some problems when
trying  build it through objectada (its the notify one I'm using):
--------------------Target: Win32 (Intel) Debug--------------------
ObjectAda Professional Edition version 7.1.2.806: adabuild
    Copyright (c) 1997, Aonix.  All Rights Reserved.
obj\elt\testmail.obj
LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file "ole32.lib"
Linking...
Link of testmail failed rc=0.
Tool execution failed.

Does anyone how to overcome this?

@ 2003-03-13 14:41     ` Steve
From: Steve @ 2003-03-13 14:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

I am guessing, but this sounds like a typical error you get when a library
is not included in the project.

Within the ObjectAda IDE, go to the menu selection "Project > Settings" and
select the "Search" tab.  For "Show links of type" select "Linker Only".

Select the "New Insert" button.  Browse to the location in your ObjectAda
installation of the directory named "apilib", select that folder and then
click "Ok".

Try building again.

@ 2003-03-13 21:24       ` cookie
From: cookie @ 2003-03-13 21:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

Unfortunutely that isn't it.. I can only use the school computer
(maybe this is possibly restricted or something? doubtful though) and
I can't try it at home as objectada Special.ed only allows a minimum
of 2000 lines (claw.adb is >6000).
Have you any other ideas that I could try?

Thanks again.

@ 2003-03-13 23:40         ` tmoran
From: tmoran @ 2003-03-13 23:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

> > > LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file "ole32.lib"
> Unfortunutely that isn't it.. I can only use the school computer
> (maybe this is possibly restricted or something? doubtful though) and

This at least used to be in the Claw "readme.txt" file under ObjectAda
installation instructions:

> Use 'project' 'settings' 'search' and include <objectada>/win32ada/binding/lib
> and <objectada>/apilib (where <objectada> denotes the CDROM drive
> or disk path where these are to be found). Ignore the warning
> message on the /apilib directory.

Did you do that with apilib?

* Re: sending email through ada95
@ 2003-03-14 10:49           ` cookie
From: cookie @ 2003-03-14 10:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

That works a treat tom, thanks once again.. but it's stuck on
executing, I would say due to my smtp details I entered in.
Is there somekind of smtp hack I enter, as the ones I entered have
probably got to be passworded, logged onto their network or something
else I'm not thinking off.  I used the one for university and its
finding probs with the sender and receiver.