* Y2K and Aonix ObjectAda for M$ Windows
@ 2000-02-29  0:00 Achim Gerhard
From: Achim Gerhard @ 2000-02-29  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

SCNR: Today is 29th of February 2000 and my Aonix ObjectAda for M$
Windows refuses to work.
Just another Y2K problem ;-|
Cheers
  Achim
--
 _ _
/A/G

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

* Re: Y2K and Aonix ObjectAda for M$ Windows
@ 2000-02-29  0:00 ` Ted Dennison
From: Ted Dennison @ 2000-02-29  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <89g6qb$gpl$1@nnrp1.deja.com>,
  Achim Gerhard <achim_g@my-deja.com> wrote:
> SCNR: Today is 29th of February 2000 and my Aonix ObjectAda for M$
> Windows refuses to work.

You must have a pretty crufty version. I remember seeing messages about
that problem being fixed on the ObjetAda mailing list, and I
unsubscribed over a year ago.

Let me check my archives....

Shankle) on Tue, 15 Sep 1998.

The fact that you have the problem means you have a version prior to
7.1.3.

The patch for this problem if you have version 7.0 through 7.1.2a is
available at
http://www.aonix.com/Support/Ada/Patches/1102-patches.htm#1102V712-U4

--
T.E.D.

@ 2000-03-01  0:00   ` Achim Gerhard
From: Achim Gerhard @ 2000-03-01  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <89gpdb$tf2$1@nnrp1.deja.com>,
  Ted Dennison <dennison@telepath.com> wrote:
> In article <89g6qb$gpl$1@nnrp1.deja.com>,
>   Achim Gerhard <achim_g@my-deja.com> wrote:
> > SCNR: Today is 29th of February 2000 and my Aonix ObjectAda for M$
> > Windows refuses to work.
>
> You must have a pretty crufty version. I remember seeing messages
about
> that problem being fixed on the ObjetAda mailing list, and I
> unsubscribed over a year ago.

Not only my OA version is crufty!

> Let me check my archives....

> Shankle) on Tue, 15 Sep 1998.
>
> The fact that you have the problem means you have a version prior to
> 7.1.3.

Oops, 7.1.2a.348 + some specal Aonix patches which have overwritten
Patch 1102V712-U4 :-(

> The patch for this problem if you have version 7.0 through 7.1.2a is
> available at
> http://www.aonix.com/Support/Ada/Patches/1102-patches.htm#1102V712-U4

Thank you.
BTW: You should also let the guys from Aonix support know about this.
They recommended the work around: 'set the system date to March ...'

Cheers
 Achim -- who had a half day off on Feb 29th

--
 _ _

@ 2000-03-01  0:00     ` Ted Dennison
From: Ted Dennison @ 2000-03-01  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <89in0v$9ma$1@nnrp1.deja.com>,
  Achim Gerhard <achim_g@my-deja.com> wrote:
> BTW: You should also let the guys from Aonix support know about this.
> They recommended the work around: 'set the system date to March ...'

The Aonix folk watching the mailing list 2 years ago were right on top
of the issue. But I suspect those were probably the same folks they laid
off a couple of weeks ago. It looks like out of consideration for
their customers they should have at least waited until March 1st. :-(

>  Achim -- who had a half day off on Feb 29th

Better it had been the whole day, no? :-)

--
T.E.D.