From: rlove@antispam.neosoft.com (Robert B. Love )
Subject: Boeing's LIDS program--Any Info??
Date: 2000/03/21
Date: 2000-03-21T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Reading a back issue of Space News (Feb 28 2000) there is an article
with the headline "Boeing Delay Could Postpone NMD Deployment
Decision".  It goes on to say that a software program called Lead
Systems Integrator Distributed Systems (LIDS) is very late and it
is to perform the simulations that would be the basis for some
deployment decisions.

I'm curious about the LIDS software.  Written in Ada?  Other
language?  Size estimates?  Real time i/f with hardware?  Is the
software itself distributed?  Is this using HLA?  Number of engineers
and which Boeing center is working it?

PS-I'm not looking for a debate on missile defense.   There are
plenty of groups for that.  I'm just wondering about the size of
this software project and has software ever effected _national_
policy before?

 Bob Love
 rlove@neosoft.com