From: claude.riendeau@cae.com (Claude Riendeau)
Subject: Converting application from BIG ENDIAN to LITTLE ENDIAN machine
Date: 23 Apr 2004 08:50:23 -0700
Date: 2004-04-23T08:50:23-07:00	[thread overview]

Hello

I'm new to ADA and this is probably a classical.

I have to have this large application that was programmed for a BIG
ENDIAN machine to run on a LITTLE ENDIAN machine.  I need to reorder
all the records BIT definitions (at 0 range 3 .. 12), and I have
10000+ lines of code to convert.  I'd like to automate this.

I planned to parse the source code and reorder the BIT fields myself,
but most of them contains constants, sizeof statements and
mathematical operations.  I wondered if it would be possible to stop
the ADA compiler in mid course where the compiler definitions would be
resolved, parse the intermediate file with my BIT reordering
application, than let the compiler continue its job.  This would be
like modifying a C preprocessor output.

I use RATIONAL ADA WINDOWS compiler.  Does someone knows how to have
this compiler generate intermediate files?

Does someone has a better approach to this problem?