* Problem with Gnat and Linux
@ 2000-02-23  0:00 version_x
From: version_x @ 2000-02-23  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

After I install the Gnat ada95 compiler under my Redhat 6 linux distribtion
my gcc compiler refuse to work,
eg the alsa sound driver when you run the ./configure script reports back
that the gcc compiler does not work. also if you do a make dep after a make
config to recompile a new kernel it doesn't work either, roprting back that
in cannot find the file cpp.

any help is greatly appreciated.

thanks.

* Re: Problem with Gnat and Linux
@ 2000-02-23  0:00 ` Robert Dewar
From: Robert Dewar @ 2000-02-23  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <951344417.240528@srv1.space.net.au>,
  "version_x" <version_x@hotmail.com> wrote:
> After I install the Gnat ada95 compiler under my Redhat 6
linux distribtion
> my gcc compiler refuse to work,
> eg the alsa sound driver when you run the ./configure script
reports back
> that the gcc compiler does not work. also if you do a make dep
after a make
> config to recompile a new kernel it doesn't work either,
roprting back that
> in cannot find the file cpp.

Did you carefuly look at the readme file that came with the
compiler, are you sure you have a version of GNAT that is
compatible with Redhat 6. It is surprising how often the
reason for a problem like this is that people are trying
to use the wrong version of the compiler and not carefully
reading the documentation.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.