From: fmoore@skvax1.csc.ti.com (Freeman Moore [214]995-1901)
Subject: Runtime initialization?
Date: 15 Nov 89 22:53:48 GMT	[thread overview]

Is it `permissible' for an Ada runtime environment to initialize
variable space for a program, when the program does not explicitly
initialize variables?

I'm working with some memory-mapped I/O devices, and it appears
that the runtime during elaboration, is initializing memory and
thus outputing erroneous information to the I/O device.  Has
anyone else encountered a similar problem?

Freeman Moore
Texas Instruments
fmoore@skvax1.csc.ti.com