From: keith@telesoft.UUCP (Keith Shillington @lizard)
Subject: RE: ada/unix
Date: 29 Sep 89 18:18:38 GMT	[thread overview]

> ... their question has to do with using the multiple capabilities (threads,
> or somesuch) of ada on UNIX.  They're afraid they'll have to sacrifice
> some of the capabilities of ada to run on UNIX.

> Is there a good reference book to describe how this facility might work on
> UNIX, or even better, is there someone from telesoft who follows this
> newsgroup that might be willing to spend a few minutes talking to me on
> this topic?

> Bernard Golden {pyramid,uunet}!infmx!bgolden 415-926-6416

Bernard: I left a message on your voice mail.

Ada (regardless of OS) has full multitasking capabilities.  I would love
to talk to you about them.

I can also recommend several texts: (in order of my preference)

"System Design with Ada", R.J.A. Buhr, Prentice-Hall
"Understanding Concurrency with Ada", Ken Shumate, McGraw-Hill
"Concurrent programming in Ada", Alan Burns, Cambridge University Press

Keith Allan Shillington   telesoft!keith@UCSD.ARPA   619/457-2700x388.ATT
TeleSoft Customer Support ucsd!keith@telesoft.com