From: gerhardt@AJPO.SEI.CMU.EDU
Subject: bug in DEC compiler??
Date: 26 Jan 89 00:51:09 GMT	[thread overview]

We have tried to use the SAIC X window binding with the DEC ACS
compiler.

We are having problems with what looks like a bug in DEC ACS Ada.

The code fragment looks like :

	type FOO is record... end record;
	type CLIST is access FOO;
	procedure EXT ( A : in out SYSTEM.ADDRESS ) is ... end;
	pragma INTERFACE (EXT, SYSTEM.ADDRESS, VALUE);
	LOC : CLIST;
begin
	EXT(LOC.all.'ADDRESS);

This code compiles but when it runs it loses the address when it gets
to the externaL procedure (WRITTEN IN C).

When an unchecked conversion to SYSTEM.ADDRESS is done on LOC and that
is used as the calling parameter, it works ok.  Am I missing
something, or is this
a plain old bug??  Thanks in advance

MArk Gerhardt
ESL, INC