From: Robert Dewar <robert_dewar@my-deja.com>
Subject: Re: Prebuilt GNAT binaries for LynxOs/x86 - Anyone know?
Date: 2000/02/18
Date: 2000-02-18T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <88egi2$d3c$1@nnrp1.deja.com>,
  Ted Dennison <dennison@telepath.com> wrote:
> It would be nice if there were a PC-based real-time Ada
> solution that I could download to show people what
> alternatives exist, either for a free
> OS that I could also download, or for one we already have
> (vxWorks).

If you are seriously interested in evaluating GNAT for VxWorks
or for any other target, the proper thing is to contact
sales@gnat.com to arrange for an evaluation. This allows you
to evaluate the official fully supported version of GNAT
Professional. We do not recommend the use of the public
version of GNAT for such evaluations for two reasons:

1. There is no way of guaranteeing that the version you have
has not been corrupted in some way, and for sure the version
you are trying out is not validated.

2. The total GNAT Professional package includes ACT support as
an integral and critical part of the package and that should be
evaluated as well.

After all you could not evaluate other proprietary compilers
without the help and support of the relevant vendor, so if you
want to do an apples-to-apples comparison, you should proceed
in the same manner with GNAT and Ada Core.

Robert Dewar
Ada Core Technologies

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.