* GNAT307 Question
@ 2000-02-16  0:00 Michael Garrett
From: Michael Garrett @ 2000-02-16  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I am doing a small project using gnat for dos (307).

How do I speed up the compliation process?

I have created a remdrive and set the temp env variables to
point to the ram drive but it still takes forever. ( disk caching ).

Sorry for bringning up a 5 year old issue!!!

Michael C. Garrett

* Re: GNAT307 Question
@ 2000-02-16  0:00 ` Michael Garrett
From: Michael Garrett @ 2000-02-16  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

OK, Sorry for the spelling!!

It is hard to backwords...... The secret was disk caching. Smartdrv in the
autoexec.

It does not look like 307 will meet my tasking requirements.

I will post my requirments in another post and ask for some advice.

Thanks,
Michael

Michael Garrett <mgarrett@mrlinc.com> wrote in message
> I am doing a small project using gnat for dos (307).
>
> How do I speed up the compliation process?
>
> I have created a remdrive and set the temp env variables to
> point to the ram drive but it still takes forever. ( disk caching ).
>
> Sorry for bringning up a 5 year old issue!!!
>
> Michael C. Garrett

* Re: GNAT307 Question
@ 2000-02-17  0:00   ` Gautier
From: Gautier @ 2000-02-17  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Garrett

Michael Garrett:

> It does not look like 307 will meet my tasking requirements.

There is a way to provoke a certain kind of concurrency in GNAT/DOS -
see demo @ http://www.beesknees.freeserve.co.uk/articles/gnat.html
(if it's what you need...)

Maybe an upgrade to GNAT 3.10 (or GNAT 3.12) could help...

--
Gautier

http://members.xoom.com/gdemont/