From: Ted Dennison <dennison@telepath.com>
Subject: Re: Prebuilt GNAT binaries for LynxOs/x86 - Anyone know?
Date: 2000/02/16
Date: 2000-02-16T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <88d7p2$hbh$1@nnrp1.deja.com>,
  Robert Dewar <robert_dewar@my-deja.com> wrote:

> Ted, if your company is interested in becoming a supported
> customer for RT/Linux, then, depending on what your needs are,
> we can probably work out a solution that will make sense (there
> are several possible configurations here -- in any case
> typically initial development is done in native mode using
> native Linux).

I probably wish my company was interested in that just as much as you
do. Unfortunately my company appears to be intersted solely in the RXT
realtime extensions to Windows. Even though this product was in beta
last I heard, management here is quite sold on it. In fact, if you go
to the "partners" page on VenturCom's website, you'll see our logo there
(along with the logo of our primary competitor). Any tool that does not
support this environment is not under consideration for use. Currently
that includes every Ada compiler. My project is a special situation only
because our customer (wisely) demanded Ada.

It would be nice if there were a PC-based real-time Ada solution that I
could download to show people what alternatives exist, either for a free
OS that I could also download, or for one we already have (vxWorks).

But it'd be nice to have 6 million dollars and a vacation home in Tahiti
too. In the meantime perhaps I'll work on a Gnat RTX port in my copious
spare time. :-)

--
T.E.D.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/