From: Robert Dewar <robert_dewar@my-deja.com>
Subject: Re: Prebuilt GNAT binaries for LynxOs/x86 - Anyone know?
Date: 2000/02/15
Date: 2000-02-15T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <88bpat$fh9$1@nnrp1.deja.com>,
  Ted Dennison <dennison@telepath.com> wrote:
> Does that go for all the other RTOS ports; VxWorks, RTEMS,
> RtLinux, as well? I was beginning to see an unpleasent
> pattern...

T.E.D. operating in conspiracy theory mode again :-) :-)

1. ACT does not provide any RTEMS based GNAT solutions, these
are products or OAR. I have no idea what the OAR policy is
regarding these ports. The source units for the runtime are
in fact in the distributed GNAT sources, so this version could
be built from sources.

2. There is no RtLinux product, we certainly cannot provide
public releases of products that exist only in people's
imaginations. We are looking into this whole area, including
some cooperative work with Xentropics, but we do not have a
standard product in this area yet.

3. GNATWorks (VxWorks). The full sources are in the GNAT source
release, we are not planning to make public releases of
binaries for the GANTWorks technologies, there are simply
too many possible host/target combinations to make this
feasible, but if you know what you are doing, you can
definitely build this from sources. Since VxWorks is an
expensive proprietary product, it seems unlikely that there
will be much interest from the intended target audience for
the public release anyway. But if you want it, it is there.
If you want a custom built binary to meet your specific
commercial requirements, you definitely need to be a supported
customer, or to be doing a formal evaluation.

Robert Dewar
Ada Core Technologies

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.