From: Ludovic Brenta <ludovic@ludovic-brenta.org>
Subject: Re: Problems installing/running AdaCore GPS (GPL) in Mandriva 2009
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 03:00:25 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2009-06-26T03:00:25-07:00	[thread overview]

Anonymous wrote on comp.lang.ada:
> Ludovic, you were absolutely correct. I messed up.
> I am indeed running a 32bit OS. I was dead certain I downloaded the
> 64bit version of Mandriva. But that was months ago, and I just installed
> it the other day.
> Man! Do I feel stupid right now ;)
>
> Thank you everyone for your contributions, I suppose my problem is
> solved now. I'll just download the RIGHT version of Mandriva this time.

The simpler thing would be to download the 32-bit version of GNAT GPL
Edition.  However, if you really want to reinstall your operating
system because you need 64-bit support, I suggest you switch to Debian
because Debian has the best support for Ada.  The reasons are
explained in the Wikibook:

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Ada_Programming/Installing

--
Ludovic Brenta.