* Re: How to implement a continue statement in Ada?
@ 2000-02-08  0:00 Oliver Kellogg
From: Oliver Kellogg @ 2000-02-08  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <6smb7v$j39$1@nnrp1.dejanews.com>,
  dennison@telepath.com wrote:

> I have used Ada for 9 years now, and have yet to tell myself,
> "gee, I really wish I could do a continue". I think this is
> mostly an issue for C converts.

I care to disagree.

We have a coding rule that forbids the use of goto.
I generally like that rule - it prevents insufficiently
trained people from messing around.

Then again, I have never needed goto for other than
emulating "continue". So I see this as an exceptional case.

I hereby cast my vote for introducing the "continue"
keyword in Ada-0x

Oliver M. Kellogg

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.