From: "Gavino" <invalid@invalid.invalid>
Subject: Re: Question about SPARK flow error.
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2010 20:14:50 +0200
Date: 2010-06-19T20:14:50+02:00	[thread overview]

"Peter C. Chapin" <pcc482719@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:4c1cf6a3$0$30803$4d3efbfe@news.sover.net...
> Am I missing something or is this reasoning outside of the abilities of
> SPARK's flow analysis? Is there some other idiomatic way I should be
handling
> this sort of situation?
Flow analysis is only concerned with syntactically possible paths through
the code and does not consider semantic aspects such as this.
For that level of analysis, you need to use the SPARK proof tools.

You could shut the Examiner up by initialising Index (eg to
Index_type'First), but it doesn't seem a satisfactory solution.