* ANNOUNCE: GtkAda 1.2.6
@ 2000-02-11  0:00 charlet
From: charlet @ 2000-02-11  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

GtkAda 1.2.6/1.3.6 release
--------------------------

GtkAda is an Ada95 graphical toolkit based on Gtk+ version >= 1.2.2. It
allows you to develop graphical applications in Ada95 using Gtk+.

The primary download site is http://gtkada.eu.org

New features in 1.2.6/1.3.6 include:

- Fixed to be compatible with Gtk+ 1.2.2 instead of requiring 1.2.4
- Fixed an installation problem on some Linux versions.
- Multiple redraws under Win32 are now handled properly.
- The HTML reference manual now contains nice colored boxes.

New features in 1.2.5/1.3.5 include:

- Extensive documentation update. GtkAda now comes with both a User's
Guide
  and a Reference Manual.
- New scheme for callbacks. This is much more complete than the old
scheme,
  and will permit for instance the creation of callbacks that return a
  value (such as for the signal "delete_event"). It is also much more
  systematic than the old one (less packages need to be instantiated).
- Gate has been updated to Glade 0.5.5, plus various bug fixes
- Complete Gtk+ support for Gate/Dgate
- A new example shows how to do some flicker-free animation with GtkAda
- Tested on HP-UX 11.00
- Tested on SCO UnixWare 7.1

LSM entry follows:
Begin4
Title:  GtkAda
Version: 1.2.6
Entered-date: 2000-02-09
Author: Emmanuel Briot <briot@gnat.com>, Joel Brobecker
<jbrobecker@west.raytheon.com> and Arnaud Charlet <charlet@gnat.com>
Maintained-by: gtkada@ada.eu.org
Primary-site:  http://gtkada.eu.org
Platforms: Solaris Linux Tru64 IRIX HP/UX NT AiX FreeBSD UnixWare
Copying-policy: GPL (with a slight modification, see headers of *.ad[bs]
files
End

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

* Re: ANNOUNCE: GtkAda 1.2.6
@ 2000-02-11  0:00 ` Al Christians
From: Al Christians @ 2000-02-11  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have tried without success to use the version of Glade that comes with
the Win32 version of this package.

After installing, I did this:

1. Run Glade
2. Open  the editor.glade demo
3. Hit the button to write Ada source code,
4. Need to specify a source directory, so I use my windows start key
to open "My Computer" in another window, find the directory I want
to use, and enter it into Glade dialog for the source and graphics
directory.
5. The dialog closes, but I can't get any of the other Glade Windows
to redraw.  Selecting them on the NT task bar doesn't give me anything
on the screen.  I've got three windows, but none of them are reachable.

So, I use task manager to end the process, then try again:

1. Run Glade
2. Open  the editor.glade demo
3. Hit the button to write Ada source code,
4. Specify a source directory, put the directory I want
to use, and enter it into Glade dialog for the source and graphics
directory.
5. Glade crashes.

Is anyone else having success?  Any tricks to getting this to work?

I assume that this works better under linux, that maybe I should
run Glade on a linux machine and then compile the generated code under
Win32 if that's my target.  Is that a better way to use this package to
create Win32 apps at present?

Al

charlet@gnat.com wrote:

> GtkAda 1.2.6/1.3.6 release
> --------------------------
>
> GtkAda is an Ada95 graphical toolkit based on Gtk+ version >= 1.2.2. It
> allows you to develop graphical applications in Ada95 using Gtk+.
>
> The primary download site is http://gtkada.eu.org
>
> New features in 1.2.6/1.3.6 include:
>
> - Fixed to be compatible with Gtk+ 1.2.2 instead of requiring 1.2.4
> - Fixed an installation problem on some Linux versions.
> - Multiple redraws under Win32 are now handled properly.
> - The HTML reference manual now contains nice colored boxes.
>
> New features in 1.2.5/1.3.5 include:
>
> - Extensive documentation update. GtkAda now comes with both a User's
> Guide
>   and a Reference Manual.
> - New scheme for callbacks. This is much more complete than the old
> scheme,
>   and will permit for instance the creation of callbacks that return a
>   value (such as for the signal "delete_event"). It is also much more
>   systematic than the old one (less packages need to be instantiated).
> - Gate has been updated to Glade 0.5.5, plus various bug fixes
> - Complete Gtk+ support for Gate/Dgate
> - A new example shows how to do some flicker-free animation with GtkAda
> - Tested on HP-UX 11.00
> - Tested on SCO UnixWare 7.1
>
> LSM entry follows:
> Begin4
> Title:  GtkAda
> Version: 1.2.6
> Entered-date: 2000-02-09
> Author: Emmanuel Briot <briot@gnat.com>, Joel Brobecker
> <jbrobecker@west.raytheon.com> and Arnaud Charlet <charlet@gnat.com>
> Maintained-by: gtkada@ada.eu.org
> Primary-site:  http://gtkada.eu.org
> Platforms: Solaris Linux Tru64 IRIX HP/UX NT AiX FreeBSD UnixWare
> Copying-policy: GPL (with a slight modification, see headers of *.ad[bs]
> files
> End
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

* Re: ANNOUNCE: GtkAda 1.2.6
@ 2000-02-11  0:00   ` Jeff Creem
From: Jeff Creem @ 2000-02-11  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Glade is sort of like GIMP under win32 at this point...It is somewhat stable
on some machines
and horrible on others..

I would say at this point the win32 port is still alpha-ish at best.

It is much mre stable under Linux.

* Re: ANNOUNCE: GtkAda 1.2.6
@ 2000-02-12  0:00 ` Jürgen Pfeifer
From: Jürgen Pfeifer @ 2000-02-12  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

The corresponding RPM packages for Red Hat or SuSE are available.

For glibc-2.1 based systems (Red Hat 6.x, SuSE 6.{2,3})
http://www.gnuada.org/rpms312p.html#GTKADA

For glibc-2.0 based systems (Red Hat 5.x, SuSE 6.{0,1})
http://www.gnuada.org/rpms312p_0.html#GTKADA

Juergen