From: shayne@ainslie-software.com
Subject: Re: Ada to Java Native Interface (JNI) Bindings
Date: 1997/12/18
Date: 1997-12-18T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <67bm8j$bam$12@mdnews.btv.ibm.com>,
  pontius@btv.MBI.com (Dale Pontius) wrote:

> In article <34989114.4457@ainslie-software.com>,
>         Shayne Flint <shayne@ainslie-software.com> writes:
> >
> >     gcc, nm, sed, ar and dlltool from the b18 Cygnus distribution
> >
> So this sounds Win32-only. Is there any reason to believe the
> technique couldn't be adapted to other platforms?

No, it should work on UNIX. The Ada and C layers are stock standard, so
it should be OK. You may need to fiddle with some of the pragmas. I have
Solaris here but no time right now to check it out. Sorry. Maybe someone
out there can do the port and mail it to me so that it can be put on my
ftp site along with the Win32 version.