From: jerry@jvdsys.nextjk.stuyts.nl (Jerry van Dijk)
Subject: Re: Subject: Screen Control in Ada
Date: 1997/12/08
Date: 1997-12-08T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <66e6lu$a8f$1@orthanc.reference.com> Marc.Bardin@wanadoo.fr writes:

>Who had a solution to control correctly entries ? More are there any public
>sofware which does control correctly screen ?

Undoubtly there is. However this is not an Ada but a OS issue.

>- Compiler is GNAT 3.09 with Ada 95. First i'm working with MSDOS.

For DOS you can use the CONIO_02 package, this package can be downloaded
at the usual GNAT places. For Win95, there are two packages for clearing
the screen and controling the cursor at http://dsl.stad.nl/~jvandyk.

However a better solution would be to agree on a console support package
that could be implemented on a number of platforms. I proposed a spec
for such a package at the recent Ada-Belgium seminar, and since modified
it based on comments recieved.

Time permitting, I'll publish the proposed spec + a number of
implementations before the end of the year.

-- Jerry van Dijk | Leiden, Holland
-- Consultant     | Team Ada
-- Ordina Finance | jdijk@acm.org