* stock managing software
@ 2015-04-04 19:58 marioblunk.alere
From: marioblunk.alere @ 2015-04-04 19:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

I wrote a stock managing software entirely in Ada and open sourced. It is probably nothing spectacular and awesome but it runs under Linux (which is really a feature) and does a very helpful job in my business as electronic manufacturing services provider. I'm looking forward to any feedback, comments and critics. Please have a look at
http://www.blunk-electronic.de/products/sw/stock_manager/doc/Stock_Manager_en.pdf

Anyone who wants to write a GUI for it with GtkAda or similar ?

cheers from Germany,

Mario

* Re: stock managing software
@ 2015-04-04 21:54 ` Jeffrey Carter
From: Jeffrey Carter @ 2015-04-04 21:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 04/04/2015 12:58 PM, marioblunk.alere@gmail.com wrote:

> Anyone who wants to write a GUI for it with GtkAda or similar ?

Sure. How much are you willing to pay?

--
Jeff Carter
"If you don't get the President of the United States on that

* Re: stock managing software
@ 2015-04-04 22:10 ` brbarkstrom
From: brbarkstrom @ 2015-04-04 22:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Saturday, April 4, 2015 at 3:58:09 PM UTC-4, marioblu...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I wrote a stock managing software entirely in Ada and open sourced. It is probably nothing spectacular and awesome but it runs under Linux (which is really a feature) and does a very helpful job in my business as electronic manufacturing services provider. I'm looking forward to any feedback, comments and critics. Please have a look at
> http://www.blunk-electronic.de/products/sw/stock_manager/doc/Stock_Manager_en.pdf
>
> Anyone who wants to write a GUI for it with GtkAda or similar ?
>
> cheers from Germany,
>
> Mario

I took a look at the material in your site and believe it will help me
better understand inventory structure - even though my application will
be much more abstract.  The English is quite good.  I'm also working in
Linux (sometimes) and the code is helpful.

Thanks very much.

Bruce B.

* Re: stock managing software
@ 2015-04-04 23:12 ` gautier_niouzes
From: gautier_niouzes @ 2015-04-04 23:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Congrats!

Looking at the code, if you are concerned by the performance of your CSV parser (a comment there seems to hint that), there are two improvements possible:
  - avoid unbounded to string conversion at each character parsed
  - moreover, a bright person had the idea to parse a line once and get all the field boundaries in one go. See the code here:

http://sf.net/p/excel-writer/code/HEAD/tree/extras/csv.ads
http://sf.net/p/excel-writer/code/HEAD/tree/extras/csv.adb

For large CSV files, it makes a big difference in terms of performance.

HTH
Gautier's Ada programming
http://gautiersblog.blogspot.com/search/label/Ada
NB: follow the above link for a valid e-mail address