From: bach@RADC-SOFTVAX.ARPA ("BACH")
Subject: Re: Ada Compilers for IBM PC
Date: 4 Feb 88 17:33:00 GMT	[thread overview]

Ric,

You might want to look up "Ada Moves to Micros" in the July 1987
issue of BYTE.  This will give you pointers to four Ada compilers
running on the IBM PC.  As a side note, the Meridian compiler is
now validated.  I have used it for a few small throw-away programs
with reasonable results.  One nice thing about the Meridian compiler
is that it runs on a fairly standard PC (640K and an 8087 if you
need to do floats).  I think I also heard that the Janus Ada compiler
was recently validated.  Can anyone verify that?  The other two
compilers mentioned are the Alsys compiler (validated) and the Artek
compiler (not validated).  The artical gives addresses and phone
numbers for all three vendors.

Bud Bach
SPS, Inc.
Melbourne, FL