From: Shark8 <onewingedshark@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: GNAT: no more exception raised on illformed text file?
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2012 11:04:12 -0800 (PST)
Date: 2012-02-06T11:04:12-08:00	[thread overview]

On Feb 6, 1:08 am, Yannick Duchêne (Hibou57)
<yannick_duch...@yahoo.fr> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Seems my FSF GNAT (*) does not raise an exception anymore when
> encountering the last line of a malformed text file; that is, a text file
> whose last line is not terminated with an end-of-line.

Such a file is NOT a malformed text-file; that definition is a UNIX-
ism and therefore applicable ONLY to the UNIX/LINUX world. In Windows,
for example, a user in Notepad (or wordpad, or any other editor) can
save a text-file without such a termination (as Adam points out) and
it IS a valid text-file precisely because Windows does not define a
text-file in that manner. (IIRC all that Windows needs is the ASCII
EOF character.)