* Ada tools
@ 1988-01-05 16:49 janet l stroup
From: janet l stroup @ 1988-01-05 16:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm conducting a survey of available (or soon-to-be) software tools
that evaluate existing Ada code or pseudocode.  I'm primarily
interested in data flow analyzers, performance monitors or analyzers,
static and dynamic analyzers, execution analyzers, and automatic test
case generation tools.  Obviously, the AJPO's Ada Information
Clearinghouse is a good place to start, but I'd still be very
interested in hearing from anyone who is currently building Ada
tools or who has used existing tools and could relate their experience.

Janet L. Stroup			arpa:  stroup@nrl-css.arpa
Naval Research Laboratory	csnet: stroup%nrl-css.arpa@relay.cs.net
Washington, DC 20375-5000	uucp:  ...!decvax!nrl-css!stroup

* Ada Tools
@ 2000-09-27  0:00 Michael S. Simpson
From: Michael S. Simpson @ 2000-09-27  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Christof:

There was a product called Cool Jex (formerly Cadre ObjectTeam - a
graphical OO model of TeamWork) available from Sterling Software in
Plano, Texas (USA).  It is supported on Win95/98/2K boxes.  I believe it
will use your TeamWork files.

Check the internet for sure...

Mike Simpson
Speaking only for myself...

[-- Attachment #2: Card for Michael S. Simpson --]

begin:vcard
n:Simpson;Michael
tel;pager:520-489-7933
tel;home:520-622-5039
tel;work:520-794-5381
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
adr:;;;;;;
version:2.1
email;internet:mssimpson@west.raytheon.com
fn:Michael Simpson
end:vcard

* Re: Ada Tools
@ 2000-09-28  0:00 ` Ted Dennison
From: Ted Dennison @ 2000-09-28  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <39D27E8F.4E7D932D@west.raytheon.com>,
  "Michael S. Simpson" <mssimpson@west.raytheon.com> wrote:
> There was a product called Cool Jex (formerly Cadre ObjectTeam - a
> graphical OO model of TeamWork) available from Sterling Software in
> Plano, Texas (USA).  It is supported on Win95/98/2K boxes.  I believe

After Cadre it became Cayenne ObjectTeam. We bought a copy from Cayenne
for the project I'm currently working on. Then Sterling bought Cayenne
and renamed the product "COOL:JEX" (It *must* be cool, it says so right
in the name!). Then Computer Associates bought Sterling, and sold off
COOL:JEX. Now its Telelogic Tau UML Suite. It sounds like I'm supposed
to sit in the lotus position while using it.(sigh).

Tune in tomorrow for the next thrilling installment of: "As the UML tool
Turns".

--
T.E.D.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

* Re: Ada Tools
@ 2000-09-28  0:00   ` Greg Gorman
From: Greg Gorman @ 2000-09-28  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ted & Everyone,
As one who has been around since 1992 as an employee and a customer/user
since 1987...here is the history as best as I can remember it. Feel free to
chip in if my dates are a bit off:

1982: First there was "Teamwork". It was and still is a Yourdon SART
development tool. Started on the Apollo.
--HQ in Providence RI.
1987?: Teamwork/Ada editor introduced. Also introduced primitive (navigation
only) Shlaer-Mellor/OOA support and VMS platform
1992: Added Shlaer-Mellor OOA diagrams and auto-generators to Teamwork and
called that ObjectTeam/OOA

Around mid-1994 When OMT became the big fad, we set up a contract with
ProtoSoft (bought by Platinum, bought by CA) to re-sell Paradigm+ as
ParadigmPlus/Cadre Edition. It also became known as ObjectTeam/OMT in there
somewhere.

Feb 1995: Contract expired with ProtoSoft. We "went dark" for a while with
an OMT solution.

Mar 1995: Cadre purchased Westmount Technologies BV of The Netherlands. They
had two products: ICASE and OMT.
--ICASE was a Yourdon SART style tool, Cadre renamed to VantageTeam.
--OMT was renamed to ObjectTeam/OMT

**Note that ObjectTeam/OMT and Teamwork are completely separate products,
with completely different architectures and lineage!

Jan 1996: Windows version released that interoperates with Unix and vice
versa (OT4.0)

Jul 1996: UML version released (OT6.0), had the capability to switch back &
forth from OMT to UML, even to the current version today.

Mar 1997: Bachman Information Systems merged (acquired really) Cadre and the
new company was called Cayenne Software.
--Really cool trade show giveaways
--Product names stayed the same.
--Shlaer-Mellor OOA product terminated (ObjectTeam/OOA). Remember: it was
completely different than OMT/UML tool!
--HQ moved to Boston area
--Last version of ObjectTeam was 8.1 in appx July 1997.

Oct 1998: Sterling Software purchases Cayenne Software
--ObjectTeam 8.1 renamed to COOL:Jex 4.0, replacing existing
Sterling-developed COOL:Jex product.
(Personally, I hated that name, but "them that has the gold makes the
rules...")
--Engineering moved from The Netherlands to Atlanta GA.

July 1999: Telelogic acquires rights to source code from Sterling
--re-badged as Tau UML Suite
--agreement separated markets so Sterling went for mainly IT and legacy
accounts, Telelogic for telcos and real-time.

March 2000: Telelogic purchases entire COOL:Jex business unit from Sterling
--PRIOR TO the acquisition of Sterling by CA (by about a week).
--Key employees voluntarily resigned from Sterling and hired on to
Telelogic, including the Atlanta team.
--CA retained ownership of Teamwork, Telelogic has reseller rights only. CA
does support & maintenance billing.
--Product is renamed "Telelogic Tau UML Suite" to fit in with other product
families: "Tau SDL Suite" and "Tau TTCN Suite".
BTW: Tau is for real-time--the Greek letter. "Tao" is where you'll need the
Lotus position...;)
--Engineering staff doubled in size, remains in Atlanta
--The product numbering was kept consistent, so Jex users can keep track of
where they are in the update sequence.
--There have been three releases since Telelogic acquired it (4.2 in March,
4.3 in July and 4.4 on 1 Oct).

I apologize if my dates are a bit off, this is all off the top of my head.

If anyone needs more information, feel free to drop me a note or check out
our website for contact numbers and addresses: http://www.telelogic.com.

Greg Gorman
West Region Sales
Telelogic North America
...formerly Sterling Software
...formerly Cayenne Software
...formerly Cadre Technologies
whew.

"Ted Dennison" <dennison@telepath.com> wrote in message
> In article <39D27E8F.4E7D932D@west.raytheon.com>,
>   "Michael S. Simpson" <mssimpson@west.raytheon.com> wrote:
> > There was a product called Cool Jex (formerly Cadre ObjectTeam - a
> > graphical OO model of TeamWork) available from Sterling Software in
> > Plano, Texas (USA).  It is supported on Win95/98/2K boxes.  I believe
>
> After Cadre it became Cayenne ObjectTeam. We bought a copy from Cayenne
> for the project I'm currently working on. Then Sterling bought Cayenne
> and renamed the product "COOL:JEX" (It *must* be cool, it says so right
> in the name!). Then Computer Associates bought Sterling, and sold off
> COOL:JEX. Now its Telelogic Tau UML Suite. It sounds like I'm supposed
> to sit in the lotus position while using it.(sigh).
>
> Tune in tomorrow for the next thrilling installment of: "As the UML tool
> Turns".
>
> --
> T.E.D.
>
> http://www.telepath.com/~dennison/Ted/TED.html
>

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

* Re: Ada Tools
@ 2000-09-28  0:00     ` Ted Dennison
From: Ted Dennison @ 2000-09-28  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <OtKA5.1292$RX2.63155@newsread1.prod.itd.earthlink.net>,
  "Greg Gorman" <ggorman@computer.org> wrote:
> BTW: Tau is for real-time--the Greek letter. "Tao" is where you'll
> need the Lotus position...;)

Don't tell the other engineers here. I've come to really enjoy watching
them try to design UML in the lotus position while sitting in our
cheap chairs. :-)

We gave up trying to keep up with all the name changes. You might as
well just go with some Prince-esque symbol for the next new name, as we
have already taken to referring to it as "The product formerly known as
ObjectTeam".

From: Greg Gorman @ 2000-09-28  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

works for me! TPFKAOT--I'll let the marketing guys know ;)

/gg

@ 2000-09-28  0:00     ` Ed Falis
From: Ed Falis @ 2000-09-28  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Greg Gorman wrote:

> Greg Gorman
> West Region Sales
> Telelogic North America
> ....formerly Sterling Software
> ....formerly Cayenne Software
> ....formerly Cadre Technologies
> whew.

Doesn't the song go something like:

"What a long, strange trip it's been ...."?

- Ed Falis

Formerly Aonix (with formerly Interactive Development Environments)
Formerly Thomson Software (with formerly Must Software)
Formerly Alsys (with formerly Telesoft and Systeam)

Now with a real company, ACT ;-)