* Q: Ada-95 Compiler Recommendation for Win32
@ 2000-02-11  0:00 Hans Riedel
From: Hans Riedel @ 2000-02-11  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

I'm just doing the first steps to look up available Ada-95 development
platforms.

I intend to develop desktop apps under Windows NT 4.0 / 2000 using Ada.
My experience is assembly language on various CPUs, Pascal, Delphi
since about 15 years.

Main requirements are: Windows GUI / IDE, Resource-Editor, Debugger,
support of COM/DCOM, capability to interface to databases
 (e.g. Oracle 8), access to WinAPI.

What are your recommendations / experiences / pricing?

Any information welcome.

Thanks to all in advance,

Hans

* Re: Ada-95 Compiler Recommendation for Win32
@ 2000-02-15  0:00 ` David Botton
From: David Botton @ 2000-02-15  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Compiler:

GNAT
Comes with IDE, Win32 bindings, resource compiler, and debugger, and
supports use _and_ creation of COM/DCOM objects

COM Tools
http://www.adapower.com/com

GUI
Rapid (ftp://ftp.usafa.af.mil/pub/dfcs/carlisle/usafa/rapid/index.html) or
GTKAda (http://ada.eu.org/gtkada/)

Database
ODBC bindings in Win32 (http://www.adapower.com/os/odbc.html), Pascals ODBC
drivers (http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/pascal_obry/contrib.html),
ADO through COM (see COM Tools)

See the following AdaPower pages:
http://www.adapower.com/windows
http://www.adapower.com/com
http://www.adapower.com/reuse

David botton

@ 2000-02-15  0:00   ` Pascal Obry
From: Pascal Obry @ 2000-02-15  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

David Botton a �crit dans le message ...
>Database
>ODBC bindings in Win32 (http://www.adapower.com/os/odbc.html), Pascals ODBC
>drivers
(http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/pascal_obry/contrib.html),

Thanks for the plug David :) but just one comment, my page has moved to

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/pascal.obry/contrib.html

Pascal.

--|

* Re: Ada-95 Compiler Recommendation for Win32
@ 2000-02-16  0:00 ` Hans Riedel
From: Hans Riedel @ 2000-02-16  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks to all for your advises that I received here and via e-mail!

At the moment I'm playing around with the ObjectAda 7.1 Demo,
but this seems a bit outdated.

Coming mainly from Pascal, Ada seems not too hard to learn, at
least the basics.

Regards,
Hans

* Ada-95 based RTOS
@ 2000-02-18  0:00   ` xaplos
From: xaplos @ 2000-02-18  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I am aware of several commercial products
integrating Ada with C/C++ based RTOS, but is
there any open-source RTOS that is completely
written with the Ada programming language - from
the hardware-specific kernel all the way to the

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.