* uNIX Operating system call
@ 2002-03-18 18:23 Parker Nathan R A1C 82 CSS/SCQM
From: Parker Nathan R A1C 82 CSS/SCQM @ 2002-03-18 18:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

I am running Solaris 2.5 on a SPARC 20 workstation and would like to know
how I can make a system call (i.e. ls > /tmp/somefile.tmp) within my Ada 95
code?

Thank you.

Nathan R. Parker, A1C, USAF
82CSS/SCQM
Ada Mission Systems Programming
Langley AFB, VA 23665
Duty: 574-7040
Comm: (757)764-7040

One's dignity may be assaulted, vandalized and cruelly mocked, but cannot be
taken away unless it is surrendered.
					-- Michael J. Fox

* Re: uNIX Operating system call
@ 2002-03-18 20:14 ` Florian Weimer
From: Florian Weimer @ 2002-03-18 20:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

Parker Nathan R A1C 82 CSS/SCQM <Nathan.Parker@langley.af.mil> writes:

> I am running Solaris 2.5 on a SPARC 20 workstation and would like to know
> how I can make a system call (i.e. ls > /tmp/somefile.tmp) within my Ada 95
> code?

This is not what people usually call a "system call" in the UNIX
context.

You can use Interfaces.C to call the C system() routine, for example.
Or you can use POSIX.5 or a vendor-supplied package.