From: Jacob Sparre Andersen <sparre@nbi.dk>
Subject: Re: The Ada way of programming
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2012 20:51:56 +0100
Date: 2012-12-29T20:51:56+01:00	[thread overview]

alb348@gmail.com writes:

> What books / online resources would you suggest to a beginner who
> wants to learn the Ada way of programming?

Read the Ada 95 Quality and Style Guide for guidelines and
"Object-Oriented Software in Ada 95" for a textbook introduction to the
language.  The former should be freely awailable for download, and if
the latter is prohibitively expensive, I think most recent Ada textbooks
are reasonably close to good Ada culture in their way of teaching
programming.

It is my impression that too many people programming in Ada (including
myself) tend to have a bad habit of making premature optimisation of
tasking even if they would never do it for non-tasking applications.  I
have a two Ada books with a focus on tasking in the office, but I
haven't gotten around to see how they cover the subject yet.

Greetings,

Jacob
--
"Universities are not part of the nation's security organisation,
 they are not the nation's research laboratory either: they are