From: Gour <gour@atmarama.net>
Subject: Re: Thickening Ada GTK or Vala Binding ?
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2013 10:34:13 +0100
Date: 2013-02-07T10:34:13+01:00	[thread overview]

Vadim Godunko <vgodunko@gmail.com> writes:

Hello Vadim,

> Your life will be much more simple if you will use QtAda: it do all
> low level stuff for you. You don't need to write any C/C++ at all.

I'm in a position simalr to Patrick's...desiring to write multi-platform
GUI app and do not want to do it in C(++).

In the past tried with Haskell, but it was a bit weird for me doing all
IO within monad.

Considered D, but it's not stable language and GTK+ bindings are one-man
show.

Recently, for some time, considered OCaml, but although the language is
nice, it seems that we'll end with similar troubles as with Haskell due
to impdedance mismatch between FP functional code and toolkit's OOP
orientation which, makes, again, Ada, potential candidate.

So, based on your statement above, I wonder what are you plans in regard
to Qt5?

Sincerely,
Gour

--
As a lamp in a windless place does not waver, so the transcendentalist,
whose mind is controlled, remains always steady in his meditation on the