* memory pool for entire ada program
@ 2001-08-24 14:10 Dmitriy Anisimkov
From: Dmitriy Anisimkov @ 2001-08-24 14:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Is it possable to set default memory pool in the GNAT ?
Do I have to rebuild run-time library sources for this ?

I need to know where is the memory leak,
in the ada code or in the C library, used in my program.

If i could change default storage pool,
I could see is that memory leak in my ada part or not.

Thanks.

* Re: memory pool for entire ada program
@ 2001-08-25  7:21 ` Simon Wright
From: Simon Wright @ 2001-08-25  7:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Dmitriy Anisimkov" <anisimkov@yahoo.com> writes:

> Is it possable to set default memory pool in the GNAT ?
> Do I have to rebuild run-time library sources for this ?
>
> I need to know where is the memory leak,
> in the ada code or in the C library, used in my program.
>
> If i could change default storage pool,
> I could see is that memory leak in my ada part or not.

These aren't an answer to your actual question, but have you looked in
the GNAT User Guide under either "Finding memory problems with
gnatmem" or "Finding memory problems with GNAT Debug Pool"?

Also, I had some success with ccmalloc from Armin Biere, see
http://iseran.ira.uka.de/~armin/ccmalloc/ .

* Re: memory pool for entire ada program
@ 2001-08-25 18:14 ` Florian Weimer
From: Florian Weimer @ 2001-08-25 18:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Dmitriy Anisimkov" <anisimkov@yahoo.com> writes:

> I need to know where is the memory leak,
> in the ada code or in the C library, used in my program.

GNAT uses the vendor C library malloc().  Many malloc()
implementations provide hooks which you can use to implement your
tracing routines.  If you're working on a GNU system, you might want
to have a look at /usr/include/execinfo.h, for obtaining stack
backtraces.

* Re: memory pool for entire ada program
@ 2001-08-28 13:41 ` Samuel T. Harris
From: Samuel T. Harris @ 2001-08-28 13:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dmitriy Anisimkov wrote:

> Is it possable to set default memory pool in the GNAT ?
> Do I have to rebuild run-time library sources for this ?
>
> I need to know where is the memory leak,
> in the ada code or in the C library, used in my program.
>
> If i could change default storage pool,
> I could see is that memory leak in my ada part or not.
>
> Thanks.

Given a general storage pool of your own devising,
you could write a small ASIS-based tool to insert
the appropriate rep clause at all your access type
definitions forcing all of them to use your
storage pool. Similarly, another ASIS-based tool
can be use to rip or comment them out when you
are through.

--
Samuel T. Harris, Senior Software Engineer II
Raytheon, Aerospace Engineering Services