From: Florian Weimer <fw@deneb.enyo.de>
Subject: Re: Writing changelog entries
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2005 01:47:11 +0100
Date: 2005-01-05T01:47:11+01:00	[thread overview]

* Stephen Leake:

> Florian Weimer <fw@deneb.enyo.de> writes:
>
>> How are you writing your changelog entries?
>
> This is probably highly project specific, but I'll give you what I do.
>
> I just use Emacs and CVS, and then when I do a release, I use
> cvs2cl.pl (http://www.red-bean.com/cvs2cl/) to generate a changelog.

Generating the changelog is not the problem.  It's the format of the
entries in it.  Many projects have explicit guidelines which ensure
that you can grep the changelog and find the change which affected a
particular entity.  However, these guidelines are C-specific and do
not take homographs into account (and neither nested subprograms, and
so on).