From: Ludovic Brenta <ludovic@ludovic-brenta.org>
Subject: Re: The GNU Ada: Homepage online.
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 20:18:05 +0100
Date: 2005-12-18T20:18:05+01:00	[thread overview]

Martin Krischik <krischik@users.sourceforge.net> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I also got the homepage online today. The first page added is about creating
> RPM packages. As I said: this project can only be a success if as many
> maintainers join in to provide as many platforms as possible.
>
> There where lots of discussion about the GNAT/GPL edition and that we need
> GMGPL editions as well. And that a comunity effort might help here. Now
> here we are.
>
> And while the compile takes several hours typing "rpmbuild -ba" won't take
> more then a few seconds. So we should at least get a good collection of rpm
> based packages out of the door.
>
> Martin

Do you have any plans to coordinate this with the GCC maintainers of
all RPM-based distributions?  It would be nice if these "community"
builds of GNAT showed up as the default in Fedora, Red Hat, Mandriva
and SuSE.

Of course, this is already the case in Debian and FreeBSD :)

I'm starting to work on the transition from gnat to GCC 4.1 now.  I
will give an update on this transition during the FOSDEM in late
February.

--
Ludovic Brenta.