From: Ludovic Brenta <ludovic@ludovic-brenta.org>
Subject: Re: Installing GNAT-GPL-2013 and ASIS-GNAT-2013 on Ubuntu
Date: Fri, 06 Dec 2013 18:35:31 +0100
Date: 2013-12-06T18:35:31+01:00	[thread overview]

Yuichi Goto writes on comp.lang.ada:
> Hello, everybody.
> I'd like to report about installing GNAT-GPL-2013 and ASIS-GNAT-2013
> on Ubuntu and ask a question.
[...]
> I'm a beginner of Ada language, and this is the first time to install GNAT.
> So, I'm not sure wherther the method of installation is correcto or not.
>
> Could you tell me whether my installation method is correct or not?
> And could you tell me why those adb files are removed from GNAT-GPL-2013
> if my method is correct?

I cannot comment on the installation procedure for GNAT GPL 2012 or 2013
but, if your goal is to "just" program in Ada and not to learn how to
install and recompile everything from scratch, then I suggest you
install the packages from Ubuntu:

aptitude install gnat gnat-gps libasis2010-dev

and forget about configuration problems.

(There are other packages you can install, too, such as
libgtkada2.24.1-dev, etc.  If you want to know which packages are
available look for the packages that depend on gnat.)

The price you pay for this comfort is a slightly older version of GNAT,
which works pretty well.

--
Ludovic Brenta.