From: Matthias Teege <matthias@mteege.de>
Subject: Re: Searching for an object
Date: 2000/08/21
Date: 2000-08-21T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Gerald Kasner <Gerald.Kasner@Physik.Uni-Magdeburg.de> writes:

[...]

> My respose is no direct answer to your question, but I would
> be more careful about the find procedure in general. If you have
> a long table of customers you'll have to wait very long times.
> Consult a textbook on data structures how to do this much faster.

Many thanks for your answer. The code from my example is
only for my Ada learning purposes and not for a real life
application. I'm aware of the problems. ;-)

> (In your case a tree may be very useful)

Maybe, I'll refresh my knowledge of data structures.

> A second remark: Ada is designed to reuse code. Why not using
> already existing well tested libraries ? Abstract data types
> seem to be appropriate.

Yes of course. But I reinvent the wheel only to increase
my Ada experiences. So I'm ever very interested on the Ada "way".

Nevertheless many thanks for your answer. I thought my
newsreader was broken. :-)

Bis dann
Matthias

--