From: Florian Weimer <Weimer@CERT.Uni-Stuttgart.DE>
Subject: Re: "Javadoc" for Ada
Date: 13 Jan 2002 12:59:42 +0100
Date: 2002-01-13T12:59:42+01:00	[thread overview]

Joseph P Vlietstra <joevl@concentric.net> writes:

> We recently updated our C/C++ preamble standards to be closer to Java
> doc comments and use Doxygen (Javadoc for C++) to generate documentation.
> We are considering changing our Ada preamble standards in a similar
> manner.  Are there any doc comment utilities for Ada similar?

We use an ASIS-based tool for generating documentation.  It extracts
the documentation from comments, and automatically adds documented
entities to the proper index.  Texinfo is the markup language.  The
system is not comparable to JavaDoc, however, because it does not
enforce structure in the documentation comments.

We plan to release this tool under the GPL, but we have to sort out a
few things first.