From: Ludovic Brenta <ludovic@ludovic-brenta.org>
Subject: Re: Siemens Switzerland Selects AdaCore Toolset for Railway Project
Date: Sat, 09 Jul 2011 14:30:44 +0200
Date: 2011-07-09T14:30:44+02:00	[thread overview]

"Nasser M. Abbasi" <nma@12000.org> writes:
> On 7/8/2011 7:07 PM, Robert Love wrote:
>> On 2011-07-05 12:54:28 -0500, Gautier write-only said:
>>> Good news for GNAT and Ada 2005+,...
>>> http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20110630005048/en/Siemens-Switzerland-Selects-AdaCore-Toolset-Railway-Project
>
>> Ah, if only American industry was this wise....
>
> You mean wise as in choosing to build more trains to improve public
> transportation, make the air more clean and reduce our oil consumption
> or wise as in choosing Ada for software?

Wise as in choosing Ada, because they have no say in whether or not to
build trains; that latter decision belongs to governments.  And
governments are indeed wise to build electric trains.  They are however
unwise to neglect freight trains and only build passenger trains,
especially in France.  Switzerland is the example to follow.

--
Ludovic Brenta.
A centralized, effective, escalation motivates the thought leader,