* ASIS: Recognising type declarations from package Standard?
@ 2018-06-01 13:59 Jacob Sparre Andersen
From: Jacob Sparre Andersen @ 2018-06-01 13:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm working on an ASIS tool, where I want to treat subtypes of
Standard.String.  But how can I identify types declared in package
Standard with ASIS?

Using ASIS-4-GNAT, Asis.Text.Element_Image returns "" for an element
representing Standard.String. - I can see that it is an unconstrained
array type (like Standard.Wide_String), but nothing more than that.

Greetings,

Jacob
--
»When Roman engineers built a bridge, they had to stand under it while
 the first legion marched across. If programmers today worked under

* Re: ASIS: Recognising type declarations from package Standard?
@ 2018-06-02 14:52 ` J-P. Rosen
From: J-P. Rosen @ 2018-06-02 14:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

Le 01/06/2018 à 15:59, Jacob Sparre Andersen a écrit :
> I'm working on an ASIS tool, where I want to treat subtypes of
> Standard.String.  But how can I identify types declared in package
> Standard with ASIS?
>
> Using ASIS-4-GNAT, Asis.Text.Element_Image returns "" for an element
> representing Standard.String. - I can see that it is an unconstrained
> array type (like Standard.Wide_String), but nothing more than that.

??? This should work... Search for "STANDARD" in the sources of
AdaControl, you'll find several places where it works.

--
J-P. Rosen
Adalog

* Re: ASIS: Recognising type declarations from package Standard?
@ 2018-06-02 16:30   ` Jacob Sparre Andersen
From: Jacob Sparre Andersen @ 2018-06-02 16:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

J-P. Rosen wrote:
> Le 01/06/2018 à 15:59, Jacob Sparre Andersen a écrit :

>> I'm working on an ASIS tool, where I want to treat subtypes of
>> Standard.String.  But how can I identify types declared in package
>> Standard with ASIS?
>>
>> Using ASIS-4-GNAT, Asis.Text.Element_Image returns "" for an element
>> representing Standard.String. - I can see that it is an unconstrained
>> array type (like Standard.Wide_String), but nothing more than that.
>>
> ??? This should work... Search for "STANDARD" in the sources of
> AdaControl, you'll find several places where it works.

I must be doing something wrong, then.  I'll take a look.

Thanks!

Jacob
--
"The three principal virtues of a programmer are Laziness,
 Impatience, and Hubris"                       -- Larry Wall