From: Ludovic Brenta <ludovic.brenta@insalien.org>
Subject: Re: Which Ada IDE is best for Numerical Analysis?
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 21:04:18 +0200
Date: 2004-09-28T21:07:25+02:00	[thread overview]

Tom writes:
>> development enviroments, what I was wondering is if any of the
>> companies have IDEs that are preferred by programmers working in
>> numerical analysis.  To be specific I want information about IDEs
>> which run on the Windows XP operating system that are under  $1000US.
>> I want a site licence for only one computer.
>>
>> Tom
>
> To be more exact when I say computer I mean a desktop or laptop
> computer.

Of course, you specified Windows :)

I am not aware of the requirements that are specific to numerical
analysis as opposed to general-purpose programming, but there are
indeed several IDE's to choose from.  Here are a few links:

GNAT Programming System: http://libre.act-europe.fr/GPS
jGRASP (multi-language):
http://www.eng.auburn.edu/department/cse/research/grasp/

Of course, the mother of all IDEs remains Emacs :)

All these IDEs are independent from the compiler.  You need to get the
compiler separately from http://libre.act-europe.fr/GNAT.

There may be others that I am not aware of.

--
Ludovic Brenta.