From: Ludovic Brenta <ludovic@ludovic-brenta.org>
Subject: Re: Ada in Debian: I am now an official Debian Developer
Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2006 21:38:54 +0200
Date: 2006-07-04T21:38:54+02:00	[thread overview]

"george" <gshapovalov@gmail.com> writes:

> Brothers in arms, rejoice!
>
> Ludovic Brenta wrote:
>> Subject says it all.
>>
>> The full process took 35 months since I started packaging gnat in
>> Debian.  I'm sure glad it is complete at last. Also, this will give me
> Wow!
> And I though we (Gentoo) were slacking, with mentoring/recruitment
> process taking 3-6 month nowadays :). Well, Ok, most of our recruits
> have a history (usually upwards of a year) of submissions to our
> bugtracking system, but still.. Apparently you cannot beat Debian when
> it comes to, um, I don't know, - the process? :)

Well yes.  Gentoo is growing faster than Debian, and I think that's
one reason.  No one is paid to process applications, and there are
many, and the process is indeed very thorough.  Just to give you an
idea, the very first step is to have your GPG key signed by two Debian
Developers or more.

--
Ludovic Brenta.